Del City has been proud to expand its product offering to include Blue Sea Systems product lines in 2015. An industry leader in the marine electrical space, adding Blue Sea Systems has been a great compliment to Del City’s current product offerings. With all Del City already carries, what’s new with the Blue Sea System choices?
Del City now carries Blue Sea Systems bus bars, fuse holders, fuse blocks, circuit breaker blocks, terminal blocks, battery switches, and relays. However, today we are going to be diving into all the need-to-knows on the newly added bus bars.
What is a bus bar?
A bus bar is a metallic strip or bar that conducts electricity within a switchboard, distribution board, substation, battery bank or other electrical apparatus. Typically, a bus bar is made of copper, brass, or aluminum, and can have various configurations.
What makes Blue Sea Systems bus bars better?
A variety of features make the Blue Sea Systems bus bars superior:
- Tin-plated copper buses provide maximum conductivity and corrosion resistance.
- Insert-molded stainless steel studs eliminate need for securing nuts and allow high torqueing for excellent electrical contact.
- UL 94-V0 rated base materials resist high heat.
- Terminal screws incorporate stainless steel split ring lock washers, and captive star-type lock washers keep connections in high vibration environments.
- One-piece serrated flange nuts ensure correct and secure connections.
Since Blue Sea Systems primarily services the marine industry, their bus bars are rated to those industry specifications, ABYC and USCG.
ABYC American Boating and Yacht Council
USCG United States Coast Guard
To learn more about the other Blue Sea Systems products Del City is now carrying, click here.